The Sisters of Charity
Our founding sisters were forward-thinkers, who advocated comprehensive education and new possibilities for young women.
The Sisters of Charity founded Catholic Ladies’ College in East Melbourne in 1902, and moved the school to its present eight-hectare, tree-lined setting in Eltham in 1971.
The College is now governed by Mary Aikenhead Ministries, named after the founder of the Sisters of Charity and we continue to provide quality education for young women in the tradition of these founding Sisters.
Our Catholic identity
We are welcoming to all families. Here, students come to know the Catholic tradition within the context of a multi-faith and multicultural world in Religious Education programs.
Prayer, liturgy, retreats and reflection days nurture personal faith and communal spirituality, with beautiful spaces designed to foster a spiritual connection and a calming environment for meditation.