Sport and recreation
Our sports program aims to instil confidence and self-belief, while promoting health and wellbeing, skill development, team-work, personal growth and lasting friendships. Through competitive sport, students learn to face challenges with resilience and self-confidence. Our College teams compete in a wide variety of events with a range of sporting associations.
We are proud of the variety of sporting activities we offer and our modern facilities. Our co-curricular sporting program complements the Health and Physical Education curriculum.
- Secondary Catholic Sports Association (SCSA)
- Australian All Stars Cheerleading Federation (AASCF)
- Victorian School Girls Netball Championships
- Victorian Volleyball Schools Cup
- McDonalds Champion School of Basketball Tournament
- Victorian Aeroschools Championships
- AFL Football
- National and International Equestrian Competitions
- Cross Country
- Equestrian Team
- AFL football
- Inter-house Athletics
- Inter-house Swimming
- Snow sports
- Table Tennis
We offer a rich variety of artistic and creative programs for students to develop sharper critical and creative skills, to promote divergent and abstract thinking and encourage healthy self-expression and self-esteem.
Programs with a live performance element, such as drama, music and dance help build confidence and communication. Students are given opportunities to develop their skills through the School Production, and music and dance performance.
Visual arts programs allow students the opportunity to express and communicate ideas from a broad range of perspectives. Students with an interest in the visual arts can develop their skills through visual arts events at the College.
- Visual and Performing Arts Events
- Visual Arts Exhibitions
- Dance Club
- Drama Club
Justice and outreach
We encourage our students to be advocates for justice on behalf of the marginalised and voiceless and to create opportunities for hope on a global scale.
Our programs seek to promote the service of others and engage in social justice initiatives. Successful yearly events are now part of school tradition.
The FIRE Carrier Group and the Indigenous Immersion Experience inspire a passion for Indigenous Australian culture and history, and a commitment to promoting reconciliation within and beyond the school community.
- Social Justice Group
- Reconciliation Group
- FIRE Carrier Group (Friends Igniting Reconciliation through Education)
- Mission Team
- Indigenous Australian Immersion Experience
- Sponsorship of students at Embul Bul School, Kenya
- Fundraising Projects
- Caritas Project Compassion
- Community Service at Year 10
- St Pius X Reading Program
- St Vincents Health Services Aged Care
We encourage freedom of expression through the art of music and celebrate the individuality of every student.
Pushing the boundaries of a traditional music experience, we believe in developing an interest and passion for music from all genres.
Our technology rich music facilities enable students to learn, create and perform utilising our fully equipped recording studio and dedicated performance and rehearsal rooms.
- Junior Band
- Intermediate Band
- Senior Concert Band
- String Ensemble
- Flute Ensemble
- Saxophone Ensemble
- Vocal Group
- Contemporary bands
- Music Captains
- Ensemble Leaders
- Performing Arts Captain
Extension activities and the Philosophy program challenge our highly able students to stretch their thinking and skills and collaborate with likeminded students.
Extension activities are offered across a variety of subject areas to stimulate and challenge students to excel in academic endeavour and achievement.
- Philosophy Program
- Tournament of Minds
- Davinci Program
- Australian Science Olympiad exams
- RACI (Royal Australian Chemistry Institute) Titration Stakes Competition
- Brain Bee Challenge – Australasian Neuroscience Society
- NASA space camp
- Girls Invent
- ConocoPhillips Science Experience
- Women and Girls in Science events held in conjunction with GTAC (Gene Technology Access Centre), WEHI (Walter and Eliza Hall Institute), Government House and Royal Women’s Hospital, Monash University
- Tall Poppies program at La Trobe University
- Education Perfect – Science Championships
- CLC Science Club
- Year 10 MAV Games day
- Australian Maths Trust: Maths Challenge for Young Australians Enrichment Stage
- Mathscraft workshop
- Maths help
- STEAM programs – Robogals, GoIT Girls work experience and Full Steam Ahead.
- Scientist in the school program with Physiology Dept at Melbourne University
- CLC STEM club
- CLC Chess Club
- Writer’s Workshop
- National competitions: Science, Maths
Communication and culture
Programs focused around literacy and comprehension skills help to foster creativity, and verbal and written communication. Students can enrich their literacy and comprehension skills through Book Club, the College Magazine and the Debating Team.